Wednesday, August 25, 2021

The pace of Daisy

 The pace of Daisy allows me to stop, smell the roses and to enjoy a slower pace as I walk. As a result of walking Daisy, my brother's beautiful dog I met Olive and her mother Jenny and their new puppy Biscuit, I met Jim and his little dog Joey and several others as I walked at Daisy's pace.  My life is usually made of me rushing from event to event, meeting to meeting, pose to pose (yoga) and not really fully being present to any of it. With Daisy, she slows me me down, she allows me to be in each moment, each prayer and I feel happier with every step with Daisy. I am able to have good confession with God, to ask, to seek and to find resolutions to my questions and struggles. Towards the end of my gradual, slow pace with Daisy, the song in my heart sings to me, "Let us build a city to God, may our tears be turned into laughter, for the Lord, our Light and our Love has turned the night into day!"  This song by Dan Schutte is how God spoke to me today. Thank you Daisy, your pace is just right. #danschutte #slowerpace #walking #dogs






No comments: