Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Listening to the Inner Voice

 Yesterday my inner voice guided me to do a very gentle yoga practice often called restorative. Indeed it was restorative. I had a stressful day yesterday as I returned to work following a wonderful vacation in Arkansas.  My work day had too many emails, too many meetings and too much "grind."  I am using "grind" as it just felt like that yesterday. My inner voice reminds me two things: 1. be ok in this moment and 2. this too shall pass. My inner voice yesterday and on Sunday softly said "Fear Not" and "Do Not Fret."  As a result of my listening to the Inner Voice, I began to review poses for a restorative yoga practice and also did a meditation and then culminated the evening with leading the restorative practice. The more I pause and listen to the inner voice, the more I discover that I am being led to the peace that God wants for me.  I also am discovering that I can step away from the worry and fear and just be in the divine peace.  I am grateful hearing the whispers of the Divine that have become a soft gentle sweet voice that beckons me with wisdom to care for mySELF so that I might become the peace that I long for and that my little world needs.

No comments: