Monday, August 9, 2021

Daily Rituals

 Today I begin again, like every day, with good intentions for health and overall well being. So far a walk with Daisy, a meditation with Deepak Chopra and drinking a full glass of water. As I near the age 60 and I am committing myself to better health and care for mind, body and soul.  The best way for me is to create daily rituals that inspire my aspirations for well being.  I have just returned from a wonderful family vacation that was filled with fun, swimming, games, museums trips, eating, walking, fishing, cooking, creating art, gardening and so much more. As I reflect back upon the week, each day started with "coffee confab" with dad, Bridget, Katie and others brothers and sisters who came over to dad's to join us. That is the ritual that began when we all started drinking coffee as young adults and now well into our 50's and 60's we find time to relax, chat and laugh while sipping dad's great coffee. Our next ritual was to plan the day's events so that the vacation for the kids (our nephews and nieces) would be fun and organized.  The days raced by and yet there were moments when one could putz in garden, stroll to pool, sit on the grass and just be.....I long for the time to just be.  I am now back to work and fully engaged in getting to emails, organizing my calendar and realizing, I can make time to be, I just need to schedule:)  For now, my ritual in the mornings will include walking Miss Daisy, meditating with Deepak and drinking water so that I can engage fully in my career. #balancedlife, #dailyrituals, #peace

No comments: