Tuesday, August 17, 2021

The Earthworm

 Earthworms help the soil heal. Today while on my walk with Daisy, my brother's dog, I saw an earthworm on the sidewalk about 2 feet from soil and 1 foot from the curb. I could not stop thinking that I should help that earthworm find its way back home to the soil. I kept walking and thinking I should help that earthworm. Then I thought I always pray what I can do for our world and so there was a small twig on the ground on that same sidewalk. I picked it up and I turned around and I went back to the earthworm that I had found, and I let it wrap itself around the twig and placed it on the soil....back home in the soil. So happy my prayers were answered,  take care of the world in front of you. As I walked happily back home, I realized that in addition to the earthworm's safe return, the sidewalk needed tidying up from the litter others had left. I gathered trash/litter in Daisy's unused poop bag and made my way home. The world is in turmoil: climate issues, Haiti's tragedy, Taliban concerns, pandemic variants, racism, and so much more beyond my knowing. What I do know is that the difference I can make is my attitude, my care and my love for the world right here in front of me. The earthworm called me into action. THANK YOU little earthworm because of you, the soil is richer, our street is cleaner, my heart is happier and I am feeling grateful.

No comments: