Thursday, August 19, 2021

Neighbors

Pam is a lady who walks her dog Rocky and always stops to chat and check on JP and boys. Richard is a neighbor who rides his motorized bicycle he built himself and waves as he passes by. Robert lives next door and always smiles as we come and go from our homes. Joe and I come each week to Fresno to be with JP's boys. School has started and so it is more quiet as they are back in the classroom. Joe takes care of shopping, cooking, driving and repairing. I do laundry, zoom calls and continue to work full time for PwC and walk the dog, Daily.  As our "nanny/manny McPhee life" as we call our roles/life has evolved, we are becoming more and more a part of the community here and I am getting to know our neighbors.  I find that my joy is expanded as I come to see and know people in the neighborhood. Neighbors have always been an important part of what brings me joy. Knowing the people you live near, next door to and on your walks creates in me a feeling of belonging.  I am grateful for these neighbors. 

No comments: