Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Give me a shout

 "Give me a shout," an expression by my nephews' Uncle Mark when he wants them to call him.  During my prayers this morning, I was reflecting on how my beloved God often whispers to me sweetness, ideas and wisdom. Joe and I  have been helping my brother JP with his three boys. We are the guardians when JP is flying for Southwest. I think these boys are pretty perfect little beings, however, on occasion, the perfections get tarnished a bit and they need guidance, advice maybe correction with ways of being that are not so perfect. Alas, this morning while I poured my coffee and wanted to chat with one of  these perfect little boys, he was irritated that I should interrupt him to ask him to remove his earphones and turn off the video to check in with me about the schedule for the day. In his irritation, my feelings got hurt, I walked away, shed a tear and then ....God shouted....."go back" and "ask again." When I went back to the kitchen, I did ask again and to my delight, my nephew set his earphones aside, turned off the video (ipad) and came and sat with me at the breakfast table. Sometimes God gives us a shout, THANK YOU GOD!!!  

No comments: