Sunday, October 31, 2021

Happy Halloween

 October kicks off the final quarter of the year and the beginning of the holiday season. We begin with the beauty of fall, the season of letting go, of warm colors, of pumpkins and of decorating. Here in Fresno, homes are adorned with fall flags, freshly planted mums, pansies and other brightly colored annuals. In Burlingame, the same, there are porches that have many pumpkins and season decor.  Today is Halloween and being here in Fresno, I feel the joy of pumpkin carving, thinking about costumes and something warm and easy for dinner.  I also recall fondly, when I was young, our mother and father making chile and easy to eat meals so that we could go out trick or treating and also eagerly return home to give out candy.....I wanted to do both. Sometimes I also experience the mad dash in the Holiday season, trying to get it all done: decorations, shopping, finishing my year strong for my career in sales and wanting things to be perfect.  In this moment, I let go of tomorrow, I sip my coffee, enjoy the quiet of JP's home and breathe in gratitude. Happy Halloween.


No comments: