Monday, October 25, 2021

The rain has stopped

 The rain has stopped, the air is clear, the damage unknown and life goes on for those unaffected. My friend Diane lost power and so to my delight she came over yesterday to power up her generator and download some movies. Today, still no power in some areas, and Diane will work with me here in our little cottage. California has not had rain in 200 days and even the rain 200 days ago was not sufficient to water the earth. Then, the earth was so dry, the water "sprinkles" could not penetrate the parched land. However, this past weekend, 10 inches in a short time can penetrate and wreak havoc.  Trees down, power down, mudslides, flooding and yet I am sure the earth is singing! I too sing alleluia to have Diane join me as we work together - she in the living room and me in my guest room/sewing room/office. The versatility of our cottage, that too a reason to sing.



No comments: