Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Zachary, musician, chef, friend and nephew

Last night Joe and I enjoyed a Michelin star meal. Curry chicken thighs made by Zachary.  Zachary has come to be with us for a few days while my brother is flying for Southwest. Thank God people are still traveling so that my brother has his career.  Also this makes for an opportunity to host Zachary for a few days here in Burlingame. While Joe and I are still working, me from home, I needed to keep Zachary on task. This included getting english "Romeo and Juliet" paper written, completing math graphs and listening to music and writing his observations.  His writing, which I read, demonstrates his deep appreciation for beautiful music. When all that was done, he asked what was for lunch and dinner. Well I had already defrosted chicken thighs and suggested he could make something. He said what shall I make and I suggested thinking about it in terms of Asia, French, and immediately he said "let's make curry."  So he found a recipe, walked to the store to get the necessary ingredients, and returned home. I stopped my afternoon work day to make our lunch, walk to the park and enjoy a little picnic together. We then took a walk to the bank and home again.  As I continued my work day, he found things to do around the house including watching tv. At the end of our day, roughly 6pm, Zachary donned an apron and with aplomb began to tell me what we need too do. He was Chef and I his sous chef. We worked together, under his direction, I chopped, braised, he chopped and got spices ready, we created a most amazing, delicious meal.  Then upon my surprise, he wanted to set the table. I grabbed stable cloth and he set, placed and created a most beautiful table setting. We turned on Indian music to go with our dinner theme and sat and chatted about food, wine, my mother, his grandma, our life and well a good friend I have made in my nephew Zachary.


No comments: