Monday, April 13, 2020

Long Walk

The sun came out and warmed our neighborhood today. After working hard at the computer, logging information, calling clients and attempting to build relationships, I just needed a walk. I did not go my usual path, I took a road less traveled and went to Coyote Point Recreation area. My mind was working overtime praying for our friend Richard who has been laid off work, and for the many others  we serve through St. Vincent De Paul and for those who have lost loved ones for any reasons including the pandemic. This time in our life while allowing some of us to slow down, I am painfully aware that many more are suffering in so many others ways financially, loneliness, inability to properly bury the dead and fear.  As my long walk continued I saw others on the road, as we passed one another, we waved or acknowledged with a head bob some sort of recognition of the other. This is new, in the past, people may have just walked past one another, now people really look and see each other. As my walk continued I began to be present to the fragrance of flowers, the colors of the blooms and nature thriving all around. My prayers moved to gratitude that some of us put our laptops away, left our phones at home and that I have time to walk. In the long walk, my sorrow turned to gratitude and a pretty yellow butterfly came close. I am grateful for eyes to see, ears to hear, my nose that smells and my legs that took my on my long walk.

No comments: