Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Seeking simplicity and finding it

I was sitting here pondering a blog and thinking I am seeking simplicity in life and realized that I am finding it. I have been enjoying my garden and the simple beauty of watching the bees and the birds enjoy it too. I have been walking 3 miles to stay healthy and the simple path I take in my neighbourhood. I have been making small baby quilts for friends' new babies and enjoy my sewing room/guest room/warmest room in the house and find that quiet place to be simply heavenly. I have been walking to town to post mail (I love that term, so old fashioned), to grocery shop with my homemade green bag which is actually beige and to do my banking, with the teller I still love people versus ATM machines. I am finding time for my family talking on the phone to mom and dad, seeing my brothers, sisters and their families as opportunities arise and recently enjoyed Easter Saturday with JP, Jonna and the boys and Easter Sunday dinner with Bridget, Amy, Chris, Joe, Kathy, Liza, Donna, Greg, and Lisa. Life can be simple when we slow down, smell the lilacs and roses in the garden and see God in one another and creation.

No comments: