Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Mardona

Mardona inspired me to write something in my blog this morning. She wrote a Facebook note and said more scratchy notes. So here's to you Mardona. I met Mardona in high school and we became friends and she even shared her clothes with me. I recall a pretty dress she gave to me. Mardona had style and attitude. If someone as Mardona befriended me, well that was cool. Perhaps unbeknownst until this moment of sharing, Mardona made me feel cool, built in me some confidence of coolness and enhanced my high school life. After 30 years we have reconnected via Facebook. Mardona's mystery still intrigues me. On Facebook, Mardona has unusual photos enhanced with artistic flair. Mardona stays connected to many of our other high school friends and through her I have connected to other friends from high school. As I reflect on life and look both in the past and into today, I am blessed to know Mardona and to have her inspire me to put my fingers to the keys.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Gretchen,

To click on your ScratchyNotes link and to find my name "in lights" was quite a suprise. It brought a smile to my face in only the way your words to "paper" can do. How you could feel cool via me during high school is mind boggling. For I was never cool. Daring to be different maybe?? You Gretchen, bring sunshine to those who are fortunate to have you touch our lives.

30 years...a little mystery is still good yes?

Thank you Gretchen for making this not so cool mystery woman's day brighter. xo Mardona