Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Reptiles

Sunday Johnny invited me to the Reptile exhibit in San Mateo. Not something I would normally consider alas how could I say no to my little 3 year old friend Johnny, JP as I call him. His middle name is Philip. His sister Sarah joined along with his mother and father Shannon and Brad. We got to see many colors and sizes of snakes, lizards some with beards, tarantulas ugh, and of course tadpoles and frogs. Johnny was delighted with everything and without fear touched snakes, put his nose right up to the glass terrariums to see lizards and other little slimy creatures and his joy became mine. He went to each booth, studied each creature with a delight that made me realize that as awful as these little reptiles were to me, they were of beauty and magnificence to Johnny and to those who ran each booth. I realized that all creation of the world really is awesome in the eyes of someone in this case Johnny. Thank you Johnny for inviting me and for letting me see through your eyes the beauty of the reptile world.

No comments: