Friday, April 9, 2010

Finding time for the best parts of life

Enjoying the fruits of our labor is not an easy task in these times of much work and the many opportunities to do service whether it is for schools, church or other passions. However, carving out time to enjoy life is a key to making the other commitments a more joyful endeavor versus the feeling of being burdened. I myself say yes too often to many requests and then have a sense of frustration/irritation for not having time to be with friends and family. Over the past weeks I have made an extra effort to find time to be with family and friends and in doing so feel literally invigorated and joyful about being of service to my other commitments. Life is full and I know that in the fullness we miss some of the best parts of living. My best parts of life are being with family and friends and that has led me to more joy in all. Do you know the best parts of your life? Are you creating time for those best parts?

1 comment:

Anastasia said...

thoughtful as always
always something to think about
love you
your faithful follower and sister
Anastasia