Wednesday, July 16, 2008

My Family Reunion

I am home now after spending 7 days with my family for a reunion held in beautiful Arkansas. We stayed at the Mount Sequoyah Retreat Center, an alternative destination from the Treasure Cave Lodge, which had been damaged just prior to our intended arrival. Relieved that the alternative site for 28 family members descending upon my parents in just 3 days was found, we all arrived seeking connection with one another. My family includes mom, dad, 4 sisters, 4 brothers, 4 spouses, 1 partner and 14 nieces and nephews together and one related cousin of my brother Pat's wife's family. Two of my nieces were not able to attend as one is planning her wedding and the other attending college. I feel lonely without all of the daily activities arranged and led by my sister Bridget and delicious food bought and prepared by my dad and brother Damien. Each of my family members and their spouses brings unique gifts and talents to the week. I am grateful to all and most of all for my nieces and nephews whose love for play, youthful energy and love for all of us created for me a deep connection with the spirit of the living God in each of us. My loneliness is dissipating as I write this blog entry, I feel more deeply connected and a sense of joy and love is welling up within me. Alleluia for this moment and for the moments with my family this July 2008.

No comments: