Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Morning Hour Has Gold In It's Mouth

My parents had a wooden circular plaque that had a beautiful rooster in the center and around it were the words: The morning hour has gold it its mouth. I often thought it was odd and not worded well nor did I understand its meaning. Ah, now as an adult it deeply resonates with me. This morning I was inspired to write notes of gratitude to several friends, put out my July 4th decorative items and get caught up with bills. It is this hour or so in the early morning that I find my most clear thinking, productive way of being and deep gratitude for the day's beginning. The morning hour has gold in its mouth and that is true especially now.

1 comment:

Anastasia said...

I also love the morning hours--and especially those times when everything seems to come together for beauty and good.
Many blessings
Anastasia