Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Elegance

 Welcoming an idea a new way for me....elegance. As a rough around the edges gal, recently I am desiring to have elegance. Elegance as defined in Google Dictionary search: the quality of being graceful and stylish in appearance or manner.   My youngest nephew always takes good care of his hair, clothes, and general appropriate behaviors. I realized he seems to be inspired to present his best self. I noticed it at dinner last night, he uses good manners and is never crude at the dinner table and does not like it when I or his brothers do crude things e.g. burping etc.  He inspires dignity.  His elegance even at age 12 inspires me to think about putting my best elegant foot forward in every way. Maybe this is where we have broken down as a society or at least for me I have allowed myself to be a little to rough around the edges in some of my habits around dressing and behaviors at dinner. In being rough around the edges I react instead of being thoughtful, I am crude instead of being appropriate, I am lazy instead of hardworking, I am negligent in my hygiene instead of maintaining my hair cut and colored, nails polished and clothing stylish.   Today I will practice a new way... elegance. I am hoping that in the process, I become my best self.

No comments: