Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Rosemary Herb




Fresh picked rosemary herb sits here on my dining table. The fragrance is intoxicating and inviting me to be here in this moment. Rosemary is linked to improving mood, clearing the mind and relieving stress. It is working, I feel better already.  In this moment all is quiet enough to hear the hum of an airplane's engine overhead, the vibration of water pressure from our sprinkler and a loquat seed dropping from the tree after asquirrel finished enjoying the fruit. Our loquat tree has been so abundant as are our pear and apple trees. My pen glides easily as my thoughts flow freely. I feel so grateful for this abundant life. (I am now retyping this into my blog, it's original form was written ion my journal.)  

Last week we took JP's boys on a little vacation that included scavenger hunting for feathers, rocks and creatures and three days of kayaking on the Monterey Bay.  2020 is a year different from all others. It will be remembered perhaps by: Covid 19, Black Lives Matter, Political unrest, Economic downturn, Social Distancing and the year of deep sorrow as family and friends die alone. 

What will we come away with? 

For me: 
1. I will appreciate more deeply time spent with friends and family, long hugs and walking closely together.  
2. I will have deeper respect for all people and especially black people. I have come to see more clearly the suffering they endure because their skin is dark. The roads black people walk, and other races too, have difficult and rocky paths. I will practice using my heart and mind versus my eyes to look beyond skin color, race, and cultural difference to pave clear and smooth paths for all.  
3. I will become a good citizen by educating myself on all sides of issues and being open to others' points of view and voting with new understanding. I will participate more fully as a citizen and as a leader for causes and encourage others to understand, lead and vote.  
4. I will reduce my consumption, realizing consumerism is not all that the advertisers claim. Having  the best home, car, clothes- name it for yourself, does not measure up to the beauty of being with family, friends and neighbors. 
5. I will appreciate walking by neighbors without putting on a mask and making a wide circumfrance out of fear and safety.

In this moment as my rosemary herb heals, I deeply appreciate all that is and all that will be including taking walks, teaching yoga, riding bikes, looking for a pretty rock and floating on a kayak with JP's boys.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rosemary and so much more. What a beautiful inspiration your insights provide.
I am grateful for you gift of writing and sharing.
Catherine