Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Propagating Plants

Jenny, my former neighbor, taught me how to propagate plants. She obviously was good at propagating as she lived to be 102 and watered her own plants almost to the day she passed away.  Simply stated, she said, "just pick something you like and put it in soil."  It is working, I have propagated many geraniums, honeysuckles and other plants with names unknown to me for the past 15 years.  I just see a beautiful plant, pick a piece, literally take my fingers and pull a clipping. I do this when I am on my daily walk and I come home and plug these clippings into some pot and in days, weeks and years they grow and thrive.  If only we could recognize that secret for ourselves, how to propagate our beauty. Not in the sense of clipping or pulling however in  recognizing my beauty or better said my best self and fertilizing, focusing,  nurturing and becoming my best SELF.  As a cottage gardener I have learned a lot about plant species that I see applies to life as a human species. Pruning brings new life - whether you prune yourself or life prunes you - you can thrive when you recognize that pruning is a gift. Water water water - drink more water and you will thrive. Bloom and see your beauty and know that it too passes so enjoy the blooming period. Be present to this moment and experience growth and know when you need water and fertilizer and care for yourself. Your body, mind and heart call for help. Are you listening? Plants like people are born, grow, bloom, fade, need water and soil and then fall away to seed and come back another day.  Our another day of return will be different, however, I am sure our blooming will be more radiant.  



No comments: