Thursday, March 26, 2020

Uninvited Silence

"This period of uninvited silence and darkness may seem deafening and unproductive to us. But it is always within silence… within the dark…that things have a way of germinating; of growing and coming to full maturity."
Sr. Margaret Mayce, OP
Dominican Sisters International Confederation

My sister, Sr. Anastasia Lott, shared a recent letter from Sr. Margaret Mayce a fellow Dominican Sister. I found a particular line in her letter, the quote above, inspiring. In this time of "uninvited silence" there is something good happening. My husband Joe and are experiencing more time to be together and connect and as a result deepening our love. Even with my colleagues at PwC, I am finding a closer bond in our working together. Using virtual methods, and seeing each others' home offices, offers a personal glimpse into their homes and lives outside of work. Reducing consumption of goods and services, gives earth a chance to rest. I continue to pray for those diagnosed, those dying along to have peace. I pray our scientists find a cure and complete eradication of this Corona virus. I also pray that all the good we learn in this time of "uninvited silence" will remain forever a part of our new world.#margaretmayce, #maryknollsisters

No comments: