Tuesday, March 31, 2020

My desert

Reflecting on the mystics, many literally go to the desert to be alone or better said, to be in silence in order to hear God's voice.  My mind has a way of turning darkness into light, difficulty in good and this time of shelter into relishing time in my "desert" to hear God's voice.  I am not  really in the desert as I  have my computer, my news, and my ability to connect with others using technology.  I am using this "shelter in place" as my opportunity to step back, be quiet and create my desert. I have often wanted to live like the monks I read about in books. I long for periods of time to pray, walk in silence, write thoughtfully, and to be. I am taking time each morning to write this blog which enables my to write my thoughts to share the Voice within.  Despite still working full time from home, I am enjoying the periods of quiet. Even as I enter information into CRM systems, refine marketing/sales messaging for my clients to keep the pipeline full,  and take care of daily home making tasks, the silence is gift. My desert time has enabled me to reflect on what matters most listening to God's voice. I am reminded in this silence, this desert, that there are people in need of our generosity, prayer and our service. My desert time is a gift to hear God's voice and  be both in the desert and go out from the desert, with  precaution, to serve those in need. #Stvincentdepaul, #love


No comments: