Thursday, May 6, 2010

Simplification

Learning to say yes to what matters most. The first step in simplifying life is to know what you value and what you value most. In understanding what you value, you know when to say yes and when to say no. Learning when to say yes or no, is one of the main keys of simplifying life. Often people might say, "just say no" and this will help you reduce your commitments. However, that method often creates guilt which adds to our mental baggage and these no's create more stress. As we learn to say yes to what matters most, we experience more joy and begin to create a more simplified life.
I am inspired to write about this as I have learned first hand that simplifying my life comes from really committing oneself to things of most importance and saying no to those things that use up time and are incongruent with what we value. For today, write at least 3 things you value most? The three things I value most are my faith, family, and friends. My choices today, my yes or my no, will be based on how the requests for my time support my faith, family and friends.

No comments: