Friday, April 24, 2009

Good friends water the soul and bring to heaven to earth

As I walked the other morning and observed Burlingame's big beautiful trees, I fondly reflected on my past weekend with my girlfriends. As rain and sprinklers provide water for tree growth, good friend are the refreshing water for my soul. This past weekend I was completely refreshed while moving through the most varied and fulfilling times with my lady friends. My yoga students on Saturday morning, all women who come together to practice yoga, bring a deep connection that permeates the large gym and brings calm to whatever may cause us to sway in life. Then Margaret, my former yoga teacher, a woman of wisdom and health treated me to lunch and nourished not only my body but my soul. I came home from both yoga and time with Margaret rejuvenated and was able to garden with ease and joy the rest of the afternoon. In the evening a group of 12 women friends celebrated with Jodi her bachelorette party at Tony and Tina's wedding, an active play where we play invited guests at the reception. Jodi's joy was all of our joy. Sunday came and Joan invited Diane and me to a Pacifica park. The sun shone as bright as can be and we did a meditation on Joan's picnic blankett where the senses were replenished from natures symphonious song including birds singing, the breeze stirring, bugs buzzing and nature fully alive in its glory surrounding us. The day was completed when Diane suggested we do the "eye of the tiger" workout which was a total cardio regime, ending with a gentle yoga practice. The weekend was filled with good friends who watered the roots of my soul, grounding me more deeply into the joy of ordinary life while allowing my soul to climb to the heavens as do the big beautiful trees in Burlingame.

1 comment:

Joan T. said...

It's hard to believe it's almost been two weeks and I don't think I've done a meditation since then....