Friday, January 18, 2008

My Soul Dances with God

Ah, during meditation this morning which followed by brief asana practice, I seem to be rooted in joy. For as I meditated on my inhalations and my exhalations I breathed in the universe's calm and I exhaled my energetic joy. In the end after brief moments of awareness on the breath, enabling the quietness of my thoughts it was then as though I was dancing with God. I continue to practice a regular meditation period 2-3 days per week and most times the mental chatter takes over, but the more I practice the longer the moments of calm and quiet bring such inner peace. Yet today a joyful energy took over and I danced. The sky is clear, the stars are still visible as our morning dawns, I hear birds singing and I am grateful for today.

No comments: