Monday, October 5, 2020

Review, Refresh and Restart Goals

 As a lifelong goal setter, someone me who has practiced setting and achieving goals, I am reviewing how I am doing and I need to refresh and restart.  In review, not so good. I first see that my goals are less specific than usual. I am not sure if the not achieving my goals is due to lack of specificity or my own motivation or perhaps distractions from Covid 19 or other responsibilities that have crept into my life.  However, these are only excuses for not achieving what is possible.  Today, a new day, to begin again.  The goals I sent for 2020 are listed on this photo and built on a theme of "The Year of Optimal Health for soul, mind and body. I do have a spiritual life, especially this year. I cling to Jesus in every moment and my conversation is usually "help me!" I have my yoga practice which grounds me, connects me to my students even if only virtually and enables me, through the combination of movement and breathing to feed my body and soul with moments of connection, love and presence. I have really tried to drink more water, however, that seems to fall by the wayside. I have recently completed reading a wonderful book, The Book of Longings, by Sue Monk Kidd, an amazing story that I recommend to all.  Joe cooks healthy meals and I have been able to practice moderation...mostly.  Today, October 5, 2020, now that I have reviewed my goals, I shall refresh my goals and restart for every day is a new beginning.  Take time today to restart, this is our day.


No comments: