Tuesday, October 20, 2020

More than enough, my cup overflows

 


More than enough  

 My beloved husband has gone on a weekend getaway with his University of Illinois pals.  He is golfing, bonding and whatever else men do on their weekends away. As a result of his going away, I am responsible for my own meal planning. Before Joe left he wanted to go to the store and get some food for me so that I would have enough to eat. I said, no worries there is enough.  Joe left Thursday after work and my friend Susan Dirksen invited me to pick lettuce, spaghetti squash and tomatoes from her garden. So day one I had a yummy salad. For lunch the next day and yummy tomato sandwich and for dinner spaghetti squash.  Day 2 I started to scrounge the  freezer and to my delight found one lone hamburger that we must have saved when we made three and only ate two. So that was Friday with some more of the lettuce for a great fresh salad.   We have english muffins, we have fruit, we have cereal and so breakfast has been easy peasy.  Now today, my friend Sue Gill is bringing lunch for a social distancing backyard luncheon and I am sure there will be enough for leftovers. As my good fortune in friends continues, Diane invited Joan and me for lunch on Sunday.  So as I said to Joe,  no worries there is enough. I have enjoyed more than enough food, friends and love that my cup overflows. Please join me for leftovers. #givingwingstoyourdreams #mycuprunnethover

No comments: