Sunday, March 7, 2010

Folding Laundry

Folding laundry is one of my favorite meditations. It allows me to accomplish something necessary while quieting my mind in what others may consider an overwhelming task. As I fold laundry, I am present to the feel of the fabric, the effort that went into making and designing the article I am folding whether it is a towel or a pair of pajamas. I practice focusing on the piece I am folding. Those reading this might think this is insane, perhaps yes. However if you lived my life filled to the brim with activity, rushing to and fro, constant emails, phone calls and other inputs to accomplish work related matters also known as my career, those same people may consider this the real insanity. For today, folding the laundry became a blessing manifested in a simple, quiet, and restful day. Bring me another load of laundry.

No comments: