Sunday, November 15, 2009

The trouble tree

In my front yard I have a most beautiful deadora "evergreen" tree that has deep roots, a large trunk and branches that reach to heaven. Some many years ago I had read an email that talked of a man that would touch a tree before he entered his house leaving his troubles on the tree. The tree in my front yard has become my trouble tree and when work gives me the blues, or I am upset about anything, I walk out to the tree, place my hands on it and let the tree absorb my troubles. I always feel better after touching the trouble tree. Some days I just touch the tree on my way to the car so that the day just starts on the peaceful note. I guess I imagine the trees deep roots can take my problems and bury them deeply. Something about that tree reminds me of God's forgiveness, just touching the tree is the way of God's love and compassion, God forgives each moment so quickly, God renews so tenderly and if only we just believe we are healed we are. Today I need to hug the tree.....

No comments: