Friday, June 6, 2008

Subconscious Suffering

This morning as I was praying/pondering, not sure what I was doing, whatever it was caused subconscious suffering to be revealed. Some time ago I offended a relative of mine by saying the wrong thing, actually 25 years of saying the wrong things. I have been cut off from our relationship and indirectly feel cut off from many related relationships and while I often say it does not hurt, this morning it was completely at the surface and hurts deeply bringing me to tears. I find when I write I am able to purge my suffering to paper and something wonderful is happening even as I write in this moment. I am able to get the suffering out of my physical/mental/emotional system and peace reveals herself to me again. And now even wisdom in her beauty is surfacing reminding me to keep loving, to keep forgiving myself and to keep present to the moments of now and now and now where peace is here.

3 comments:

Suzanna B. Stinnett said...

Dear beautiful Scratchy,
Today I wandered on the patchwork docks among the duct-taped carcasses of boats and bits that serve as homes to highly creative and surely long-suffering artists, and the work of it, and the color, broken mirrors reflecting wooded hills across the water, and the scary gunk between the floating debris at low tide, told me a story I still don't know. But I'm sure, what is in the center of the story, is love, and forgiveness, and love.
yours always,
Bell

Gretchen said...

Dear Bell,
Your words inspire and know.
Love
Gretchen

Anastasia said...

Very special reflection and also Bells' comments.
Love you
A