Thursday, January 3, 2019

The blessing of a broken pinkie finger

Over the Christmas break I was playing basketball with Joe, JP and the boys and as Zachary and I were in the thick of defense I somehow went for the ball and broke my little pinkie finger. Well actually, I thought I had only jammed it and that the pain would subside, however, when it didn't and my finger swelled overnight, Joe took me to urgent care confirming a broken finger. Enough about that as my real blessing is that the broken finger slowed me down. We chose to have a quiet new year's eve and day. In the slowing down of my life, I had time for prayer, reflection, quiet and peace. I realized how much I was missing in just being beside restful waters, as Psalm 23 describes.  In this time of resting, in order to heal, I am finding blessings far beyond what I could have imagined.

No comments: