Friday, August 12, 2011

Hollyhocks - Seed of Life


Several years ago my father gave me some hollyhock seeds which I planted and they never seem to bloom. In fact, I forgot about them. Until this past year, I had a little plant I could not recall what it was but I left it alone. It grew and yet seemed stifled in the small pot. So I moved the mysterious plant into fresh soil and a bigger pot and it grew so tall, I called it my jack in the bean stock plant. My good friend Barbara came by and said it appears to be a hollyhock, however no blooms. And then, one day I woke up in the early morning, as I always do and I glanced outside my window and there were the flowers of the hollyhock. Every morning for the past 4 weeks, I wake up to more blooms. Today, this beautiful flowering plant lifts my spirit and I say THANK YOU DAD for the seeds of LIFE!

3 comments:

Philip Verghese 'Ariel' said...

short but sweet and lovely post.
thanks for sharing this.
i really loved the concluding sentence,"Today, this beautiful flowering plant lifts my spirit and I say THANK YOU DAD for the seeds of LIFE!
great thought
keep writing
update it often
Best regards
philip

Craftsman of light said...

A very sweet place Scratchy....i can feel gentleness gathering here!

Natalie Caroline said...

Wow they are beautiful!