Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Guiding Principles

Peace, simplicity, love, Christian citizenship and congruence with my values are my guiding principles. I was listening to a tape series recently and the speaker talked about his guiding principles and it inspired me to reflect on what are my guiding principles. While peace, simplicity, love, Christian citizenship and congruence with my values are easier said then done, even as I write them down again, I am able to embrace these to discern and make choices in life. Every day I have options, demands and an ordinary life to live and without having some guide, life can become a state of confusion and chaos. While the chaos seems impossible to avoid at times, at least, with these guiding principles, I can make choices and move in a direction that creates a calm fulfilment. Sometimes I find saying No to many of the options enables me to have peace and conversely saying Yes with intention that this choice is congruent to creating peace, or in line with my values that I have peace too. You see, for me as I make choices and commitments that are congruent with what I value, and that bring peace, simplicity and love to others it returns to me as peace, simplicity and love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a good person Gretchen. Thank you.

Caden said...

Very beautiful... I would like you to look at my blog The Post. I expect to hear from you. Have a nice day!!