Friday, December 19, 2008

Meditation for rebirth

As I sat this morning in quiet meditation in front of my beautiful Christmas tree and lit candles I found the peace that I needed for this day. Life has been going at a hectic pace and even this morning I woke up with many things on my mind. As I began the rush of another day, I chose to slow down, to sit down and to begin a thirty minute meditation. Often my meditation begins as this morning, requesting forgiveness, offering deep gratitude and then silencing the requests, the mental to do lists and any other mental chatter so that I can sit in quiet. I have moments of complete silence and peace and then the to do lists return and then I go back to moments of silence an ebb and flow and being fine with both. This morning was my best present for this Christmas season as it reminded me of the silent night that, as Christians, we believe our salvation was born. For me the mystery of the birth of Christ is my time to rebirth myself into a new way. To become more gentle, more forgiving, more loving and more present to all. Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

Anastasia said...

This is another beautiful reflection. Sometimes it is hard to slow down...to have the discipline to take the time needed to get to that other place that is God's time and space.
Blessings.