Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Heaven On Earth

Today is December 31 and for the past 10 days I have had time to be with my sister Katie and her three beautiful children, James, Matthew and Sarah and several other sisters Rebecca, Bridget, one of my brother's Christopher and mom and dad. In our time together we eat, play, eat, play, sometimes rest, play, eat more, laugh a lot and finally fall into deep restful slumber. Children live so much in the present that I am amazed by the moments of joy, sudden out bursts of screams, the play that turns into a knock down fight and then fun again. It happens from moment to moment. In these 10 days or so, I find that the expression "this too shall pass" becomes so evidently true that I learn to just stay present so that it does not pass to quickly and experience life unfold in perfect moments. I could reflect on this past year, alas, my greatest reflection is that life is now and it is now. I take a moment to write a final blog in 2008 knowing deep gratitude for heaven on earth is here in this moment and all of the moments that have brought me to now. Happy New Moment.

No comments: