Wednesday, October 29, 2008

White Space

I was in a meeting yesterday regarding data centers and for one particular client they had so space/capacity for more information or servers/systems to accommodate requirements for a merger. The people in the room talked of their need for white space. I found this concept interesting and then thought of my own need for white space especially at that moment of total saturation into a conversation. White space we need for ourselves. Even on Monday I was speaking briefly to my neighbor who was so busy running her children to and fro that she did not have white space. White space is generally a term used in journalism to remind us to not over clutter a newspaper but to allow white space so that articles can be easily read. White space in our context yesterday was for datacenters needing more space. White space for me is finding room in my mind so as to be. Finding white space lately has been difficult: no time for walking, meditating or the calming activities that bring the mind rest and allow for white space to emerge. As I write I am experience presence and focus and so for me my white space may be now. I exhale and inhale and the white space appears.

No comments: