Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Becoming Connected

In the silence of this morning, with a candle lit, I did my meditation. I have not done this in some time. In this silence, there is a peace that is beautiful and wells up from within. This past weekend I went to Burning Man, which is an annual event where people fully express themselves through art, body painting, nudity and many other forms of self expression. While Burning Man was something I resisted more than I appreciated, I did enjoy seeing and praying in a beautiful temple honoring people who have died, a tented camp with homemade instruments that I played and that amplified this tremendous melodious vibration and two sculptures of a man and woman made of metal. In my reflection even now, I know that for each there own. As for me, my full expression of Self sits in silence in a grateful state of being as the universal cosmos brings to mind all that is good and all that is and realizing with all I am connected.

No comments: