Monday, January 7, 2008

EARN

This morning I read an article in the San Francisco magazine "American Dream catcher" by Chris Smith about the president Ben Mangan and the organization EARN, which stands for Earned Assets Resource Network, a brilliant way to help the poor and lower middle class get ahead. I am inspired by Ben Mangan and the founders of this organization EARN that is devoted to helping people move ahead and have opportunities. My own program started some seven years ago called HEART: Homeless Eat and Rest Tonight has stagnated over the past years or so due to a change in job locations that made it less probable for me to pass by my beloved poor who I gave sandwiches and food vouchers on my way home from work in SF. The range of poverty from zero income "homeless" to low income defined as less that $20K/year is a population we can serve, love and support so that in the hope of tomorrow all will share in the wealth that is not only monetary but a faith in oneself and ability to become fully alive. Thank you Chris for writing about Ben and EARN.

No comments: