Saturday, December 31, 2011

Bite Size Resolutions

Hmm, I have been pondering my new year's goals/resolutions for the last week or so. Goals are something I think about, write down in my journal and try to achieve each year. Mostly for the past 26years they have revolved around savings, getting a home, winning a sales award, exercise and maintaining a regular spiritual practice. My mom, who had just read an article on the matter of goals, reminded us the more specific the goal the easier to measure and achieve. This I believe. However, I also believe, each day is a fresh start and breaking goals down into bit size pieces is helpful. Yesterday, I thought about starting a detox diet to start this week, even before the New Year and then, not feeling well, I just had a piece of toast and some canned chicken noodle soup. Then, I pondered a walk; again, not feeling well, I laid down and rested. My idea for 2012 is to just be present in every day and work on a goal for that day, such as a walk, or making a low calorie smoothie. My goals are still evolving, however, today I feel better, good enough to begin. So just for today, I will write this bite size blog.

No comments: