Monday, June 27, 2011

Sewing buttons and other mending

I had not been particularly productive this past weekend and for some time I have not done any sewing. In my need to get productive, which for me brings energy and great joy, I sewed a button on a pair of pants. With every stitch I found a peace that comes with focus, productivity and deliberate movement in this case moving the needle through the button onto the trouser. I then mended a travel bag that had a little tear and then completed a spiritual reading: Ostriches, Dung Beetles, and Other Spiritual Masters by Janice McLaughlin, Maryknoll Sister and wrote this blog. This all took place between 5:30am and 6:00am this morning. While some dread those buttons that get loosened, I say, bring me your loose buttons and let me get my heart mended and my day started.

No comments: