Saturday, June 4, 2011

Quiet


As I was waking today in the quiet of the morning, I heard birds chirping and rain falling. I realized that in the quiet of my home, nature's music was playing. I enjoy the morning before the busyness of life keeps me from experiencing the beauty of quiet. What is quiet? No noise or is it hearing so deeply that you can experience the beauty of a barking dog, falling rain, cars passing, the breath of life breathing me, my heart beating. For in these few moments as I type and stop to listen to the quiet, I hear the hum of my computer, an air plane passing overhead, and a bird singing. In life's quiet her song plays. I am glad I hear quiet for my mind has stopped racing, my ears are wide open, my heart is singing and I am sure I heard the poppy blooming.

No comments: