Friday, October 30, 2009

Breaking out of prison

On occasion I feel imprisoned by the need for security as defined for me as having a retirement account, healthcare program, a job, and essentially the outward signs of what people might call success. However, there has been a deep yearning within to let go and to live courageously on the edges of "security" into the unknown of possibility. It is as if this security rather than making me feel secure actually keeps me from living fully as I might define by travelling the US, walking in nature, listening to the stories of people, sewing quilts, opening my mind to something more than setting the next meeting, closing the next sale, saving the next dollar and worrying about the future. I keep working up courage in small ways to free myself from this prison I created. The first stage in my process of unlocking the prison bars is awareness to what my security attachments have been and then creating my vision of possibility. This blog will continue as I courageously step through my journey to freedom. Stay tuned.

No comments: