Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Only Love

There is only love. It seems like a very long week and it is just Wednesday. As I look at my cluttered desk, knowing that there is much to do, completely overwhelmed, and practically paralyzed by the shear volume of commitments, I am suddenly inspired in my mind by a song that goes "....there is only love, love that heals, love that sets us free, there is only love....." In moments like this, the reminder that love does heal, and love is setting me free I let go of being overwhelmed, I release my tension and with new focus I am able to move into activity knowing all will get done and with love.

3 comments:

ModerateMouth.com said...

Freud said there were two critical elements to psychological wholeness: love and work. "Service" is easily substituted for work, the providing of attention and effort that the condition of others may improve.

Love is an ambition toward goodness and a precondition for service. Service is the fulfilling of love, through attention and effort. That service is fundamental to your life is a reason you are so damn adorable, Scratchy.

Gretchen said...

Thank you ModerateMouth! You are special and you and Joan are a gift to each other and the world. Your love together reminds me of God's love for us.

Anastasia said...

As always, good things to think about.

Also feeling overwhelmed by piles of paper .... need to remember love.

or my Ps:
Patience, peace, priority, possibility.......