Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Heaven's Back Gate

Heaven's back gate is wide open for all. God of mercy stands ready to welcome and to heal all. On my walk yesterday I was suddenly inspired that God had a back gate for all to enter. We often hear depictions of Peter at the pearly gates, saying yes or no. Many jokes and stories imply that some come in and some are turned away from this place called heaven. Today, on my walk, I had this beautiful realization/revelation that there is a back gate where all enter and none are turned away. When invited home or to my good friends' homes, I know to just enter through their back gate. My back gate is open and thank God heaven's is too.

1 comment:

Anastasia said...

Thank God
for back doors and back gates
for the places where we are welcome
that we always have a home in God
for you