Monday, June 2, 2008

The Love of God Revealed When we Lift Our Veil of Humanity

Sarah Anne, my niece and God daughter graduated from kindergarten on May 23 and I had the honor of attending this celebration milestone. She is 6 years old and waved to me from the little chair she sat in at the school gymnasium for the event. She sang out loud a variety of songs and she played afterwards with her fellow students getting autographs from her friends in the book the teachers and students put together as a parting gift for kindergarten. What strikes me most are two things: the joy and freedom Sarah had for the event, her family and her friends and secondly when one of her little friends Meadow could not locate her mother, Sarah stepped out of the buffet line and walked with Meadow until she found her mother. Sarah's veil is always lifted. Perhaps her blessed youth will last forever enabling her to reveal God's love always through authentic living as expressed through her wave to the audience, loud beautiful singing and smiles for the camera along with her service to her friend and family. Sarah your sparkle is the unveiled life you live. Thank you for including me in your life. What veil keeps you from living in a more authentic way for yourself and your family? Lifting the veil to full expression is the revelation of the SELF in all its glory.

3 comments:

Anastasia said...

Excellent!
So often ego gets in the way of that authenticity.
I like the definition of humility that says: to walk in perfect truth.
...thus, being exactly who you are, neither pretending to be more nor discounting what is.
Many blessings.
Anastasia

Anonymous said...

Sarah is very much the authentic person. How much joy that must have brought you to have her wave at you from her little seat. I wish I could have been there physically to share in that.

Anonymous said...

Ah - my dear Grecian - your blog is wonderful!! I'm delighted you finally mentioned it - it is now bookmarked and I will read it for inspiration and comfort - which you have always provided to me through your friendship and just being you. I love you!! Burkle xoxo