Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Being

After reading and absorbing some of the wonderful content of Eckhart Tolle's: A New Earth, Awakening to Your Life's Purpose, I feel renewed in my spirit of fulfillment. A recurring message in many of the books and articles I am drawn to encourage living in the now, the current moment which right now is writing this blog entry. Our future is a life time of now moments. I want to be present to now moments so that I can feel life fully and also recognize the peace that exists and that is possible in each moment. Yesterday I was in Los Angeles and the meeting went longer than I had planned so I needed to find a later flight home to San Francisco. My co-worker Lisa offered a ride in her rental car, which she also needed to return and hence we were getting quite close to missing the next flight too. Lisa continued to chat away about everything related to our day, her career and seemed quite calm amidst the time clicking away. However in her moments of calm and joy, I was ok knowing that all would be well whether I made my flight or not. It was in that moment and this moment that peace was present, I just needed to be. Being is not something I am good at, doing is more of my way, as I am productive by nature. However, I found in just being that all was well and all is well. Eckhart Tolle ends his book with the reminder that there are three modalities of awakened doing - I would say being and they are: acceptance, joy and enthusiasm. I practiced acceptance and it made being.....perfect.

1 comment:

Joan T. said...

Hi Gretchen, I found your blog and was surprised to learn you read Eckhert's book. I read it and followed the Oprah live broadcast with him. It came at just the right time, and I was able to share some of his teachings with my sister-in-laws and with Julia.