Friday, September 6, 2013

Memo 6: Transparency to Transformation


I have always said that what I can distinguish, and or name, I can begin to change. In the context of this conversation on financial awareness, I truly believe that as you become more transparent to your financial situation be it good, bad or status quo, you can begin to transform in to something more, less, better, and or remain aware of your status quo.  As I put energy into transparency in all areas of my life, I am able to transform areas into something different, in this case, financial freedom. In essence, what I am trying to articulate is look at your situation, be transparent to yourself regarding your debt, your spending, your frugality, your hoarding, and or your disinterest in financial information, wherever you are in your financial being. Notice it, be transparent and write it down, name it e.g. indebtedness, poverty, over spending, hoarding, austerity, as you distinguish it in that moment you can begin to transform it.  I myself realized that I am becoming so caught up to the idea and practice of austerity; I am being transparent to an austerity addiction. Naming this addiction to austerity and being transparent to what is, gives me the power to choose to be more generous to others and myself today. What can you name and do today to transform your financial being into financial well being? 

No comments: