Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Soften my heart

Harden not your heart so that you may hear God's wisdom. Last night I was frustrated over the world's financial collapse and the personal turmoil for those directly impacted and for all. However I knew that it is not in frustration that things improve but with thoughtful action. My action was first to teach yoga for my friend James who had another commitment. In arriving at yoga, a dear friend and student had indicated her husband had been out of work for more then 9 months and in her sharing came tears. She composed herself. I wish I told her to just let the tears fall. The yoga practice was rigorous and yet healing. Sometimes in the movement of the body we can eliminate some stress and frustration to the mind and heart. This morning I knew that meditation was necessary to allow my heart to soften and to listen in the silence for wisdom from my God. In the softening of my heart, I became open to generosity and to a creative response of offering a free yoga class to anyone who wants to attend. If they choose to make a donation, I will offer it to St. Vincent de Paul to further their ability to offer generous service for our poor. Soften your heart today and see what opens in possibility.

2 comments:

Anastasia said...

Thanks for this beautiful and challenging reflection.
We had yoga today here.
Love you.

Unknown said...

Miss G. this is from another "yogi" who's always seeking to soften her heart. The practice is teaching my body to release the "holding on" of energies that are best spent in taking a long loving look and to hold the ones I encounter, everyday, at work, at chapel, in the dining room, and the trees and grass, fowl and fauna that roam in our grounds. All, being, waiting for spring, waiting for life to once more breakthrough. Perhaps that is what I need to desire in my yoga today, to surrender to the springing up of life...ever new.
Thank you for your loving heart G.
Becky