Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My Brother Survived Cancer and now he Lives

This little email sent from my brother Patrick on March 24, describing his Easter weekend is the story of his resurrection and one I will cherish forever as a reminder Easter in 2008.

I climbed San Gorgonio this weekend (11,500 feet).
Summit achieved!
Friday, 7 mile approach hike with full pack from parking lot to Dry
Lake, roughly 60% on snow covered trail. Slept in the snow with tent. It
was 9 degree in the morning when we got up.
Saturday, summit day, was 3.5 hours (5 miles up) of steep mixed ice and
snow, mostly hard snow the last third of the climb. Used ice ax and
crampons for only second time in my life.
Spent an hour on the summit. Drank a beer and ate sandwiches and smoked
oysters. Returned to camp, drank another beer, packed up and hiked out.
Total mileage on Saturday was 17 miles. I am still grinning.
Soaked my toes in the ocean yesterday. Snow one day, beach at sea level
the best. California living!
Thanks
Pat

No comments: